Save the Rhino has put Douglas Adams’ bath on ebay. Auction finishes the 02 Dec, 2009. The start price is 100 pounds. Of course, you’ll have to go in London to take the bath and bring it home.
If you were at the Hitchcon, the bath was on display and the fans had the opportunity to take a picture of themselves in the bath.
- Many people ask writers where they get their ideas from
- Douglas Adams always maintained that when he ran out of ideas he took a long bath. This is that bath
- Here’s your opportunity to lie where genius lay, to soak up some of the inspiration that created the galaxy’s favourite science-fiction comedy series, in a beautiful wrought-iron bath!
- Recently removed during a bathroom refit
- Douglas’s widow Jane Belson kindly donated this bath to be part of Hitchcon’09 at London’s Royal Festival Hall, in celebration of 30 years of the great man’s most famous creation: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and the publication of And Another Thing – The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Part Six of Three by Eoin Colfer
- Think like a genius – take a bath!
- Kindly donated by Jane Belson and Polly Adams
- Collection only